Quest Shasta

This tent is heavy, but very useful in nearly all…

Design: 4 season expedition
Sleeps: 2+
Ease of Setup: Very easy to set up in the wind
Weight: 8 lbs
Price Paid: $300 - 400

This tent is heavy, but very useful in nearly all seasons--hot temperature of desert or cold and windy temperature of the mountain.

Great tent, no question! This tent is great. It is…

Design: 4 season dome
Ease of Setup: easy set up
Weight: 8 lbs MAX

Great tent, no question! This tent is great. It is well worth the whole price! If you are looking for a great 4-season expedition tent you have my vote! This tent excells in the wind and snow. However durring summer months in the desert the huge ventilation flaps make the tent very bearable. My personal favorite parts of the tent are the enormous front vestibule and the spacious back cone that is big enough to put two packs in.

I purchaced this tent about four months ago on a killer…

Design: 4 season/ mountaineering freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: easy as 1,2,3
Weight: 8lbs 8oz.

I purchaced this tent about four months ago on a killer $190 deal. However, my experiences in the tent have not been what I expected from a $400 tent.

The tent has very poor ventilation with two full grown people in it. The weight is also very disappointing. The setup on the other hand is quite easy, and the vestibules are HUGE! Quest has also decided to stop production of this model, which makes me feel uneasy about my purchase. If Quest doesn't have faith in my tent why should I?

Overlooking the tent as a whole I am definitely disappointed. There are many other tents that could do better for the price.

Nice tent with spacious vestibules at either end.

Design: 4 season
Ease of Setup: extremely easy with clips
Weight: 8# 8 ounces
Price Paid: blowout...$199

Nice tent with spacious vestibules at either end. This makes it easy to get ready in the morning; each person gets one end of the tent to put snowy boots back on. Super easy to pitch, even in the dark. Good condensation control. Very stable and can take a pretty good snowfall. Probably not the best summer tent due to limited expanses of mesh. Can be had cheap right now due to Quest's going out of business. So much for lifetime warranties!

Quest Shasta

The Quest Shasta is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.