Rab Demand Pull-On Jacket

Lightweight waterproofing for all seasons. This has…

Summary

Lightweight waterproofing for all seasons.

Pros

• Light
  • Breathable
  • Waterproof
  • Simple

Cons

• No hand warmer pockets

This has a nice euro fit. My medium fits perfect, I'm 6' and 160lbs. Despite its slim fit I can still fit a synthetic poofy jacket under it. Not much in adjustability but you don't need much.

It fits over a helment and has a strange halo looking peripheral vision pull.  It still fits well over your head too without a helmet and a nice wire brim so it doesn't flap in your eyes. Super waterproof.  My girlfriend bought a 2.5L Arc'teryx paclite at the same time and mine is still waterproof, hers isn't.

I've used this jacket for everything mountain biking, bike touring, hiking in all day rain or snow. I use it in all 4 seasons although it isn't really best for winter because it doesn't have a powder skirt, hand pockets and it doesn't fit lots of layers under it, but throw it in your pack for a waterproof shell over your softshell jacket.

It breathes great, doesn't need pit zips. The half zip is perfect for what I like, it doesn't need to come on and off if you're just getting rained on constantly. I also don't have to worry about a broken zipper making this jacket inoperable. The jacket is durable it sits in by bag everyday getting my laptop and books put on top of it.  No abrasion, no problems.

I've had the jacket for a year and a half and it's still breathable and waterproof even after a bike tour across the country and constant use during the North East spring and fall. This jacket is awesome. If you want a light, emergency/everyday rain slicker get it.  And it packs down tiny, peanut butter jar sized.

If you've owned or used a Rab Demand Pull-On Jacket, please share your experience.

Rab Demand Pull-On Jacket

The Rab Demand Pull-On Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.