Rab Generator Jacket

refers to the men's version

A lightweight packable insulated jacket made with Primaloft 1 fill and Pertex Quantum inner and outer fabrics, the Generator Jacket packs into its own pocket and has two hand warmer pockets, one chest pocket, and a hem drawcord. A Generator Smock (pullover version) and Generator Vest also are offered.

men's
Weight 380 g
Men’s Sizes S-XXL

This is a really good piece of gear. It weighs less…

Fabric: Pertex
Fill: Prima Loft

This is a really good piece of gear. It weighs less than 10 ounces and it offers quite a boost to your insulation.

When backpacking, I use down insulated sleep gear. I've always been concerned about my gear getting wet, but I do not like the weight penalty of synthetics. Now for less than 10 ounces, I have an insurance policy against wet down.

Normally I stay warm into single digits with just a windshirt and a long-sleeved base layer when carrying a backpack as long as I am moving. For times that I am still or in camp, this pullover does a great job of keeping me warm. I find it also gives my sleep system an extra 25 F when combined with a warm hat for those times when the temps dip lower than forecast. If not needed for extra insulation, it also makes a great pillow when stuffed into its internal pocket.

The Pertex shell is light weight, so you might want to wear it under a shell if you'll encounter branches or rocks. The DWR will shed a light drizzle, but I would not wear it as an outside layer in heavy rain.

Visit Rab's Men's Generator Jacket page.

The Generator Jacket is a lightweight, synthetic filled jacket and is perfect as an insulated layering piece for backpacking, climbing and mountaineering. With minimal weight and pack size it is ideal for use at rest stops, belays and over-night camps.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Rab Men's Generator Jacket FEATURES of the Rab Men's Generator Jacket Revised styling Revised fabric YKK front zip, internal insulated zip baffle 2 YKK zipped hand warmer pockets 1 YKK zipped chest pocket, doubles as integrated stuff sack Elasticated cuffs, hem drawcord SPECIFICATIONS of the Rab Men's Generator Jacket Weight: 14 oz / 395 g Fit: Regular Outer Weight: 30g/m2 Inner Weight: 35g/m2 Outer Comp: 100% nylon 6 Inner Comp: 100% nylon 6 Insulation: Body 100g/m2 (4oz) 60g/m2 (2oz) This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version