Rab Latok Alpine Gaiter

Breathable with fast and solid closing system but...

Summary

Breathable with fast and solid closing system but...

Pros

• Smart closing system
  • Breathable

Cons

• Broken front hook strap

These gaiters are breathable and easy to put in with a simple and reliable closing system: no zipper, just a strong velcro band. The front hook going below the laces is a feature I actually like. They are also comfortable to wear and adjustable.

However, at first use I had one problem: the front hook of one gaiter ripped off. It's true the terrain I used them had vegetation above and below the unconsolidated snow, and my feet regularly sunk in that snow for many hours (even with the snowshoes).

In the end I discovered the front hook caught in the laces (luckily, because of the reverse hook), but the hook strap was missing.

I like these gaiters and I will repair them. Hopefully doesn't happen again, even if I understand that with such terrain with hidden vegetation you can expect that.

They are easy to adjust, highly breathable and make…

Summary

They are easy to adjust, highly breathable and make no noise when frozen. Front hook is hard to attach with gloves on.. :-(

Pros

• Breathability
  • Light

Cons

• Front hook has to go under the shoelaces

The only problem I have with them is the front hook. When taking them on in deep snow or heavy frost it becomes a problem that I have to take my gloves off to put the gaiters on. Taking the gaiters off after a winter hike can also be tricky due to the hook going under the shoe laces.

I have tested/use them here in Greenland during our winters and have used them at - 42°C without any problems other than the front hook "problem."

Visit Rab's Latok Alpine Gaiter page.

The Rab Latok Alpine Gaiter is made from water proof eVent fabric and is used for mountain walking and Alpine climbing.

- CampSaver.com

Designed for mountaineers and backcountry adventurers alike, the Rab Latok Alpine Gaiter features waterproof breathable eVent fabric to prevent deep powder stashes, falling rain, and spindrift from sneaking into your boots.

Free Shipping. Rab Latok Alpine Gaiter FEATURES of the Rab Latok Alpine Gaiter eVent fabric outer Stretch Watergate fabric rear panel CORDURA fabric ankle Zipless Velcro front closure Rubberised abrasion resistant underboot strap Streamlined internal strap adjustment Drawcord top closure with cord tidy Articulated secure lace hook Reflective piping detail SPECIFICATIONS of the Rab Latok Alpine Gaiter Weight: 9.4 oz / 266 g This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Waterproof mountain gaiter for use with regular mountain walking boots. eVent waterproof and breathable fabric upper with stretch rear panel for improved fit. Cordura fabric lowers are durable and resistant to crampon damage.

- Ramsey Outdoor