RailRiders Eco-Mesh Pant with Insect Shield

Weight 10 oz

I used thes pants at Philmont 70+ mile backpacking,…

Source: bought it used

Summary

I used thes pants at Philmont 70+ mile backpacking, I even fell in the rocks once and skinned my leg, the the pants didn't even tear. Overall I've used these for over 200+ miles backpacking, great pants lightweight.

Pros

Cons

• None

These are the lightest pants and the toughest I've seen.

My favorite 3-season hiking pants. No other pants…

Price Paid: about $85

Summary

My favorite 3-season hiking pants. No other pants have these vents. WHY NOT??? I recomend for most hiking in milder weather.

Pros

• The 27" side vents that customize the pants like no other.
  • Durable fabric
  • Extremely comfortable for most hiking except for the 1 con.
  • Insect Shield for bugs
  • ~12 oz. for xl pants

Cons

• Needs more stretch in the crotch for climbing, scrambling.

I took these pants with me on a 3-day hike with my brother-in-law and nephew in north central Arizona. I wore them crossing the West Clear Creek 8 times (4 up and 4 back). They dried in about 10-15 minutes in the dry Arizona air and did not affect my hike along the trail.

The side vents were versatile for venting my heat out during the hike and allowed me to stretch the pants during climbs that the fabric does not allow. I usually unzipped the upper half of the 27" opening, but occasionally zipped up a small portion of the bottom half as there are zippers on both ends. In the evening and early morning the zips were closed to retain warmth. In the cooler nights  I even slept in them 1 night to try them out.

I can easily layer under or over these unique pants. All of the features like pockets and zippers and the one button are overbuilt and durable. My two pair split the 12 oz. weight for the x large size. One is 11.8 oz. and the other 12.3.  No other difference.

I have enjoyed these pants for about 3 years. I would take them to any location except for extreme climbing or very cold conditions.

Go with the flow. These lightweight quick drying nylon pants offers ventilation, sun & bug protection and versatility.

• UPF 30+ sun protection
  • 2 ply 3oz Duralite Nylon with Insect Shield
  • Side mesh zipper Vents with 2-way zipper
  • Mesh front pockets
  • Zippered back pocket
  • Side zippered security pocket behind right pocket
  • Removable belt
  • NEW hemmable cuffs
  • Elasticized side panels for easy fit

Visit RailRiders's Eco-Mesh Pant with Insect Shield page.

RailRiders Eco-Mesh Pant with Insect Shield

The RailRiders Eco-Mesh Pant with Insect Shield is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.