RailRiders X-Treme Adventure Pant

Weight 16.0 oz

I have hiked and trekked many trails all over the…

Fabric: Lightweight Nylon

I have hiked and trekked many trails all over the country. I bought a pair of RailRider X-treme Adventure pants a few months ago and by far, these are the toughest pair of pants that I've worn.

I'm a rough climber and I tend to destroy pants and I also tend to wear them out very quickly. These pants not only took on normal wear & tear, they exceeded and went way beyond the call of any normal pant. I think my skin tore on a fall, but not the pants.

The pants were roomy enough of me to wear a base-layer underneath when needed, but then I could tighten the waist when I didn't need the extra room. They are also quick dry enough that I never felt like I would have to change them right away. I could just literally brush the moisture right off and they dried.

The cargo pockets weren't too cumbersome and annoying like some huge side pockets can be while hiking through tight brush.

At first, I didn't think that I would like the bottom velcro, but after awhile I decided that it was an amazing feature. I liked having the ability to adjust the leg room for different types of hikes.

I recently bought 2 more pairs and I couldn't have been more convinced that these were in fact the great pants. I'm looking forward to trying some of their Spring products that now I've found this brand.

Thumbs up for RailRiders.

David Frissora
Sunapee, NH

Because your wilderness DNA is calibrated to an action-oriented pitch, RailRiders is constantly seeking to make life more enjoyable for those of you who like to trek through steamy jungle swamps, traverse glacier fields, or wonder why the bus hasn't arrived at the Moroccan oasis in two days. In the wild, you want to have the toughest pants in the world as your companion, reliable, durable, and low-maintenance. With the redesigned X-Treme Adventure Pants which now offer a better and more roomy fit, you have found the ultimate adventure travel buddy. The X-Treme's fabric chassis remains the same sturdy and dependable Weatherpants--lightweight, tough, quick-drying nylon fabric, with rugged, super abrasion-resistant fabric on the butt and knees and inside cuff.

Here's further new refinements: Full inseam gusseted crotch, 1 3/4 inch waistband with removable belt; two welted zippered back pockets; two side zippered cargo pockets on each outer leg; much deeper front pockets with reinforced pocket trim; right side hip vertical security pocket behind front pocket. The only thing not extreme about these wilderness pants, is their affordable price; repeated washings over the years will convince you that it's money well spent since the X-Tremes refuse to live a quiet life indoors. Nor do they ever wear out.

Visit RailRiders's X-Treme Adventure Pant page.

RailRiders X-Treme Adventure Pant

The RailRiders X-Treme Adventure Pant is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.