Red Ledge Thunderlight Jacket

unisex
Weight 13.2 oz

I have owned this jacket for about 2 years now and…

I have owned this jacket for about 2 years now and live in Western NC. I hike the AT often as well as mtb. I have to say this jacket is in my pack always. It breathes as well as any waterproof jacket. It does keep me perfectly dry and I have been in some pretty severe mountain storms. Thumbs Up!

Jacket was a great disappointment. I was drawn to…

Jacket was a great disappointment. I was drawn to it on the basis of a price point, but it does not breathe and even moderate rain passes through the fabric in no time despite the mfg's hang tag claims. It is light though, i.e., light weight from a performance standpoint.

I am an occasional AT hiker, all four seasons of the…

Price Paid: $40?

I am an occasional AT hiker, all four seasons of the year. I have owned the Thunderlight Jacket for about seven years, and I always carry it and the pants by the same maker on hikes when rain is even remotely possible.

I like it much. It is very light weight, compressible and will keep you dry. I live in the Southeast US, so humidity is usually a factor. The jacket is basically coated nylon, and may not breath as well as some more "open" fabrics. It is thin, so if water sits on the surface and you are bare armed underneath, you will feel a coolness, but that is not always a bad thing.

Still, it beats a big 'ole honkin' hardshell that makes you feel and look like the Gorton's fisherman. Recommended.

Visit Red Ledge's Unisex Thunderlight Jacket page.

Red Ledge Thunderlight Jacket Unisex The Red Ledge Thunderlight Jacket is a fantastic lightweight jacket perfect for traveling and hiking alike. The jacket provides great protection from wet and windy weather, keeping you dry and comfortable thanks to the T-Core coating, which is both waterproof and breathable. 100% taped seams ensure no moisture can leak through the seams, and the attached hood with visor and adjustable drawcords will keep your head dry in heavy rain. The Red Ledge Thunderlight Jacket also features two front zipper pockets with mesh lining and a caped back yoke to help with ventilation.

- SunnySports refers to the unisex version

An extremely lightweight waterproof/breathable rain parka. Ideal for all rainy conditions, the Thunderlight packs into its left pocket.

- Ramsey Outdoor refers to the unisex version

Waterproof, breathable nylon shell 3-layer jacket from Red Ledge is packable and lightweight, for preparedness anywhere. Taped seams. Caped back.Mesh zip pockets for ventilation. Drawcord hem. Length 29"1 lb. Stuff size 8 x 3

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the unisex version