Red Ledge Thunderlight Jacket

Weight 13.2 oz

I have owned this jacket for about 2 years now and…

I have owned this jacket for about 2 years now and live in Western NC. I hike the AT often as well as mtb. I have to say this jacket is in my pack always. It breathes as well as any waterproof jacket. It does keep me perfectly dry and I have been in some pretty severe mountain storms. Thumbs Up!

Jacket was a great disappointment. I was drawn to…

Jacket was a great disappointment. I was drawn to it on the basis of a price point, but it does not breathe and even moderate rain passes through the fabric in no time despite the mfg's hang tag claims. It is light though, i.e., light weight from a performance standpoint.

I am an occasional AT hiker, all four seasons of the…

Price Paid: $40?

I am an occasional AT hiker, all four seasons of the year. I have owned the Thunderlight Jacket for about seven years, and I always carry it and the pants by the same maker on hikes when rain is even remotely possible.

I like it much. It is very light weight, compressible and will keep you dry. I live in the Southeast US, so humidity is usually a factor. The jacket is basically coated nylon, and may not breath as well as some more "open" fabrics. It is thin, so if water sits on the surface and you are bare armed underneath, you will feel a coolness, but that is not always a bad thing.

Still, it beats a big 'ole honkin' hardshell that makes you feel and look like the Gorton's fisherman. Recommended.

Visit Red Ledge's Thunderlight Jacket page.

T-Core® Fabric Coating, Ripstop Nylon Taffeta shell with DWR finish. Breathable. Caped back for ventilation. Interior storm flap with micro-tricot shin guard and water resistant zipper. Attached hood with adjustable visor, roll down function and adjustable drawcords. Two zip pockets with mesh lining for ventilation. Elasticized cuffs & waistband with adjustable Velcro® closures and drawcords. Packable into left pocket. Comes with mesh stuff sack for easy storage. Pants have full side zippers with interior and exterior storm flaps, back zip pocket and articulated knees for ease of movement.

- Vargo Outdoors

When it's pouring outside, choose the Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket. Ripstop nylon fabric features a waterproof breathable coating and a Durable Water Repellent finish. Full-length front zip features a stormflap to keep the wind out. Caped back offers ventilation. Attached hood with visor features an adjustable drawcord for a secure fit. Chest pocket is perfect for stowing small items; jacket can be packed into pocket. Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket features elastic cuffs and an adjustable drawcord at hem to keep the cold out. Includes a stuff sack. Special buy.