Redfeather Race Series

I've got the newer version of the Race snowshoe (purchased…

I've got the newer version of the Race snowshoe (purchased in 2007) and have been a fan for a while now. I can run in them, just as intended, and they seem to give me a little bit of float. I mostly use these for fitness purposes (ie running, I can do 15 flat in a 5k, without the snowshoes on of course) as I feel these help me develop more power in my legs.

Traction in these shoes has been good, though I haven't gone on anything extremely dicey yet in the 70+ miles I've ran on them. Took a bit of finish off going across a sketchy rock portion, totally my fault but to Redfeather's credit I see no rust or corrosion where I lost the paint.

The binding system holds my feet securely in place, though I am always the last of my friends to get my bindings on and I don't hear them complaining either. What struck me about these shoes was how big they are. They are generally wider and longer compared to Atlas or Tubbs' running/race snowshoes. Gotta love that they are made right across the river in La Crosse, WI.

Hate to say it though, but for my purposes, if I had to choose again, I'd go with the new 2009 Atlas Race shoes. They are over a pound lighter than these, with a more conducive profile to running and faster binding system. Redfeather had a great run with these, but if you want the world's fastest snowshoe this is not it.

Visit Redfeather's Race Series page.

CLOSEOUTS . Built for fast-paced events and winter fitness, Redfeatherand#39;s Race snowshoes feature an ultralight cross-country binding, Live-Action hinge and rugged 6000 series aluminum frame with modified V-Tail to accommodate a natural running stride. Available Colors: WHITE/GREEN, WHITE/BLACK.

- Sierra Trading Post

For a light and fast snowshoe that can handle training, racing, and traveling through deep snow, step into the ultralight Redfeather Race Snowshoe and start chasing after glory. This snowshoe features Redfeather's Cross Country binding lightweight straps to provide a secure fit without the weight, and the race-worthy aluminum frame is ready to handle your blazing speeds.

Lightweight, technical snowshoes designed for winter trail running, racing, and fitness walking. These snowshoes combine the lightest weight materials and Redfeather's legendary Live-Action Hinge to produce a manueverable, high-performance running snowshoe that will put up with miles of abuse. It is designed to be worn with running shoes or lightweight hiking shoe or boot.Titanium crampons for lightweight, reliable performance.Extruded 6000 Series aluminum tube V-tail design Black Hypalon II decking is tear-proof and puncture resistantCross country Ultra-light bindings made from Hypalon II and urethane straps which cinch down to any running shoe or light hiking boot for flexibility and large range of motion.Live-Action Hinge lifts the tail of the shoe from the snow with every step - for added mobility and speed.

- Campmor

Free Shipping. Redfeather Race 25 Snowshoe (Fall 2008) The Race 25 by Redfeather is designed to be fast and light for racing and training. This snowshoe has wone more races than all other race models on the market combined! Features: Hypalon II decking is puncture proof and long lasting. Titanium front and rear crampons are lightweight to achieve a faster pacew with less effort. Turned up V-tail allows for a natural stride with less surface area for faster race times. Easy, lightweight binding cinches down to a tennis shoe or light hiker. Specs: Race 25 Weight: 2.4 lbs. User Weight: Any Racer