REI Acme Pants

Nice, comfortable pants. I first used them around…

Nice, comfortable pants. I first used them around town where they are warm, wind resistant, and shed light rain. I liked them so much, last fall I bought a pair for each of my daughters.

I finally got to go skiing and wore them under a pair of shell pants.  Pluses for ease of mobility and comfort.  It was around 32 degrees and windy (gusts up to 35 mph). I should have worn thermals underneath for the extra warmth, but I run cold, and most of the time they were warm enough.

One feature my daughters and I wish was incorporated is an adjustable waist.  An elastic cinch on each side to tighten or loosen them would allow seasonal adjustments depending the number of layers you tuck in, and for individual sizing.

Watch for the REI Change of Season Sales and find a bargain.

Visit REI's Men's Acme Pants page.

The men's REI Acme soft -shell pants with a 32 in. inseam perform in cold weather. They provide a great microclimate for movement-intensive outdoor sports. Acme pants thrive in all conditions except for high heat and humidity; think late-autumn hiking, mountain biking, mountaineering and backcountry skiing and packing. Schoeller(R) Dryskin fabric offers excellent breathability, minimizing sweaty buildup during sustained vigorous activity. It also provides great water- and abrasion-resistance and 4-way stretch comfort; windproof to 16 mph. Zip fly, snap front and belt loops let pants double as urban wear. Crotch gusset allows unlimited range of motion and articulated knees maximize mobility and minimize bulkiness; flat seams eliminate chafing. Gusseted ankle zippers let cuffs slide over footwear and "gaiter" grommets let you secure them with a cord; narrow, bonded rip-and-stick tabs adjust cuffs. Sleek, reverse-coil welded zippers on hand and thigh pockets; 2 rear zip welt pockets. REI Acme pant's have an easy, classic fit.

- REI refers to the men's version

REI Acme Pants

$169.00 (men's)

The REI Acme Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.