REI AirRail 1.5 Self-Inflating Pad

Comfortable air pad. Comfortable pad. I like the air…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Comfortable air pad.

Pros

• Light

Cons

• Little bulky
  • Didn't fully self inflate

Comfortable pad. I like the air rails, when I woke up I was still on the pad! I did leave the valve open for a while, while I set up a few other things to come back and see it maybe half inflated. Took a few minutes to full blow it up myself...not a huge deal to me.

Purchased at one of REI's "garage sales" for $35 for…

Summary

Purchased at one of REI's "garage sales" for $35 for my 90-lb daughter to use on backpacking trips. She loves it and says it is really comfortable. Packs down to a size that's easy to put inside the backpack alongside her sleeping bag in the bottom pocket.

Pros

• Packs small and is lightweight
  • Durability seems good

Cons

• None so far

Our local REI had one of its members only "garage sales" earlier this summer so I was able to replace my daughter's older big green Therm-a-Rest with this more pack friendly sleeping pad.

She's used it a couple of times on multi-night backpacking trips and really likes it. It seems to be well made and she had no leaks.

I recommend this pad.