REI Clipper Tent

I got this on clearance from REI-outlet. At $84 it…

Design: 3 pole , free standing, 1 door
Ease of Setup: its a snap
Weight: about 6 lbs

I got this on clearance from REI-outlet. At $84 it was hands down the best value for money I could find on the internet. So far it's proven to be a worthy shelter. I have used it 5 or 6 times on backpacks and mountaineering trips. I found it reliable and sturdy in winds. It's a little on the small side so fitting two people in it might be a tight squeeze.

The 3-pole design is nice and stable. I have never camped in rain or snow yet so cannot comment on its water-proofing. It does tend to heat up quite a bit in direct sunlight but I am willing to live with that, because it also means it retains warmth better than a tent with a lot of mesh netting on it.

I have had this tent for around 8 years now and it…

Ease of Setup: simple

I have had this tent for around 8 years now and it has been solid! Through years and years of abuse nothing has ever failed. Nice and cozy, but also with plenty enough head room to sit up comfortably. Stays dry as long as rainfly does not touch tent fabric. In order to do this make sure you use they guy lines and you will never be wet. Overall... great tent!

Best tent I have ever owned. Between backcountry trail…

Best tent I have ever owned. Between backcountry trail work and fire camp I have really put this little baby through the ringer. Many soggy days and no leaks. It fits two if need be but one has all the room they need. There is even a cot that will fit in it (after 6 weeks in fire camp a cot is a good thing). Great value!!!

If you've owned or used a REI Clipper Tent, please share your experience.

REI Clipper Tent

The REI Clipper Tent is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 24, 2013 at REI.