REI Doppio Stainless-Steel Tumbler

Compact, insulated and light, this little cup is great…

Summary

Compact, insulated and light, this little cup is great for hot beverages on the fly!

Pros

• Small
  • Tight lid
  • Insulated

Cons

• Need an additional cup for camp if you drink larger beverages
  • Not useful to put in pack and cary full because mouth opening does not close.

I really love the Doppio. Not just because I am a coffee snob who loves Doppio's so it appeals to my coffee lingo, but because it is a great little cup to keep handy for along the trail when the need for a hot beverage suddenly breaks out.

I keep it handy right in the side pocket of my pack with my PocketRocket, and flame it up for a nice warm up on breaks. While there is nothing worse than getting cold during a sit down, this is just the ticket to prevent that without having to bust out the whole camp kitchen to keep the chill off. Nor do you have to rely on cooking up a thermous of drinks and hope they stay warm.

Cold weather breaks become more enjoyable, birds tweet, bunnies hop and bears snuggle when you have an REI Doppio!

STILL snug lid fit after many, many trips and uses.

Love to keep my hands warm on the outside of it (no handle), but never too hot to the touch.

I love this little guy — it's the perfect size for…

Price Paid: $18 for 2

Summary

I love this little guy — it's the perfect size for happy hour on my evening stroll with the dog.

Pros

• size

The Doppio is the perfect size for a glass of wine or a nip of something on the rocks.  I've never actually put a warm beverage in here, but I imagine I'd be happy with a shot or two of espresso in here. It's probably too small for my typical cup of coffee, but I have other vessels for that.

Easy to clean and fits in my pocket when it's been emptied. I use it when I take the dog for a walk. I also found it sold as a two pack around the holidays for about $18.

If you've owned or used a REI Doppio Stainless-Steel Tumbler, please share your experience.