I just bought this pack for the Elk Mountain Grand…

I just bought this pack for the Elk Mountain Grand Traverse (40 mile BC ski race from Crested Butte to Aspen, CO). The pack was wonderful. Very lightweight and comfortable.

Wore it for 10+hr the first day with no complaints. Fit great and rode well. Held all of my gear (avalanche shovel, probe, down jacket & pants, skins, 3ltr water, food, etc.)

I'd highly recommend to anybody who wants a lightweight pack that holds everything you need.

Il Cop's Ratings (out of 5):  Durability: 3 Value:…

Il Cop's Ratings (out of 5):

Durability: 3

Value: 4.5

Weight/Capacity Ratio: 5

Functionality: 5

Comfort: 3.5

As my primary climbing pack for just over a year now, I've fallen in love with the Flash 30.  Yes, yes, there are some knocks against its durability, but the weight savings in its super light ripstop and minimal reinforcements easily rationalize the need for occasional thoughtfulness in handling.

I'm a big fan of "dumb sacks" and while the Flash 30 has everything I need (tool attachments, bungee system, accessible zippered top pocket) this pack remains light on features, but heavy on function.

If you're looking for a lot of bells and whistles (and the weight and seams that go with them), this pack may not be for you. But if you are looking for a light, narrow profile sack with a simple suspension and functional construction the Flash 30 is a great value.