REI Gossamer Jacket

Love this jacket, form fitting, comfortable, warm,…

Fabric: rip-stop nylon outer shell
Fill: primaloft

Love this jacket, form fitting, comfortable, warm, and layers easily. I'm 5'10" tall and 180 lbs, and the Large size allows me to fit other shells either over and under the Gossamer. Stands up well to abuse. More water resistant than claimed. However, the only reason I don't give it 5 stars--the hood cinch. Instead of being at the chin area, framing the face, it is in the rear of the hood, and closes across the ears, making it hard to "seal" the face area.

Other than that, never leave home without it. In fact, got caught by surprise recently (early March, on the AT near Afton, Va.) with a storm--lucky me, underpacked, too lite sleeping bag, the whole 9 yards--and stayed warm as toast wearing my Gossamer in the bag. And at less than a pound, you gotta love it. Don't understand why REI stopped vending this awesome jacket.

REI Gossamer Jacket

The Gossamer Jacket has been discontinued.

The REI Gossamer Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 26, 2008 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.