Picked the jacket up at REI on sale. Overall the quality…

Fabric: Polartec Power Shield and abrasion-resistant nylon
Fill: none
Price Paid: 100$

Picked the jacket up at REI on sale. Overall the quality of the shell was fairly good the only real wear and tear I've seen is on the underside of both of the sleeves near the cuff but I wouldn't say it was much more then usual wear and tear.

It is a heavier soft shell along the lines of the Arc'teryx Hercules so ventilation wasn't that great on super active hikes but I will say it kept me warm with just it and my polar-tec power stretch well down into the low 40's.

Overall it's a fairly decent jacket I would buy again. Unfortunately though REI is no longer making this model.

REI Groove Jacket

The Groove Jacket has been discontinued.

The REI Groove Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 20, 2006 at REI.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review