REI Igneo Sleeping Bag

Good, warm bag for winter camping down to single degree…

Price Paid: can't remember but was on sale at REI it was under $200.00

Summary

Good, warm bag for winter camping down to single degree temps as long as you have a good pad. Waterproof covering kept bag dry from condensation that formed on tent and dripped onto bag,

Pros

• 2 pounds
  • Waterproof coated shell
  • Warm
  • Packs small

Cons

• A little tight in shoulders

I've had this bag for over two years now and have used it in all 4 seasons. Used this bag for spring and summer trips in Alaska where temps at night went down to the mid 30s. The bag was too warm for me so I had to open it up to control temp. I also used it in early winter in both Alaska and Washington state were temps ranged from 10 to 20 degrees at night and had no problem. The draft collar worked to keep out drafts.

The waterproof coating worked great. The drops of water from the condensation that formed on the tent just roll off and never soaked into the bag, even when my bag was up against the tent wall my bag never got wet.

I have big shoulders and the bag was a little tight. Overall length was good, the foot box was big enough for my feet to move around in. The zipper worked well, never snaged on the fabric when using the zipper from inside the bag or out. Came with a stuff sack, but I purchased a compression sack that made packing the bag even smaller.

If you've owned or used a REI Igneo Sleeping Bag, please share your experience.

REI Igneo Sleeping Bag

The REI Igneo Sleeping Bag is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 15, 2014 at REI.