REI Kilo Plus -5

I have the men's version (gold and grey color). Awesome…

Summary

I have the men's version (gold and grey color). Awesome bag! Snug as a bug in a rug!

Pros

• Light
  • Super loft
  • Super warm
  • Great hood, baffles, draft tube

I have the men's version of this bag, bought it in 2002 I think. The thing rocks! Its shell is water resistant (always a good thing with a down bag), and while there's higher fill-power bags out there, for the price you will have to look hard to find a better value in a sub-zero bag.

I have taken this bag out in zero degree temps in Shenandoah National Park, sleeping in an open-sided shelter with wind-blown snow hitting me all night... and I stayed toasty warm with just a base layer on. It is SUPER silky-soft on the inside, yet durable. Packs down small.

The draft collar, tube, and hood are nice and thick — no drafts. And there's a micro-fleece layer around the hood area for your face. Plus nice touches like the hood/collar pull cords are different by touch and visual, so no fumbling around when trying to adjust in the dark.

REI Kilo Plus -5

The Kilo Plus -5 has been discontinued.

The REI Kilo Plus -5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 16, 2008 at REI.

If you're looking for a new cold weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

GSI Outdoors 10 Oz. Flask Review