REI Kilo Plus -5

I have the men's version (gold and grey color). Awesome…

I have the men's version (gold and grey color). Awesome bag! Snug as a bug in a rug!

• Light
  • Super loft
  • Super warm
  • Great hood, baffles, draft tube

I have the men's version of this bag, bought it in 2002 I think. The thing rocks! Its shell is water resistant (always a good thing with a down bag), and while there's higher fill-power bags out there, for the price you will have to look hard to find a better value in a sub-zero bag.

I have taken this bag out in zero degree temps in Shenandoah National Park, sleeping in an open-sided shelter with wind-blown snow hitting me all night... and I stayed toasty warm with just a base layer on. It is SUPER silky-soft on the inside, yet durable. Packs down small.

The draft collar, tube, and hood are nice and thick — no drafts. And there's a micro-fleece layer around the hood area for your face. Plus nice touches like the hood/collar pull cords are different by touch and visual, so no fumbling around when trying to adjust in the dark.

REI Kilo Plus -5

The Kilo Plus -5 has been discontinued.

The REI Kilo Plus -5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 16, 2008 at REI.

If you're looking for a new cold weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?