REI Lake Placid Sweater

I loved this sweater so much that it became my uniform…

Fabric: 90% polyester 10% wool (dri-release)

I loved this sweater so much that it became my uniform BEFORE they changed the design. It is still soft and warm. The $36 sale price was right, too. What I don't like is that they've added pockets to it, which are a tad bulky. The zipper is now a more conspicuous color and metal - unattractive, I think. Finally, gone are the subtle grey ribbon zipper pull and brand tag at the bottom. They have been replaced with an odd bloody poo color ribbon instead.

This jacket/sweater has been durable in the past and is great for travel and another layer close to the body, but the design change means I will not be buying this jacket again.

Look great, stay warm! This versatile sweater, made with dri-releaseĀ® fabric, offers the natural warmth of wool and the performance of polyester. dri-releaseĀ® technology blends polyester and wool to provide moisture-wicking and quick-drying properties that won't wash out. Feminine, shaped-seamed styling with engineered stretch for non-restrictive comfort. Full-length front zipper and two hand pockets. Machine washable for easy care.

REI Lake Placid Sweater

The Lake Placid Sweater has been discontinued.

The REI Lake Placid Sweater is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.