REI Liberty Ridge Expedition Gaiters

I should have done some more research before I bought…

I should have done some more research before I bought these gaiters. The materials and durability are what give these any stars. Fit and ease of use account for the low rating.

I have used these for various activities ranging from search and rescue missions to snowshoeing and the materials have held up to abuse and for the most part kept me dry.

My problems have been with the drawstrings at the top of the gaiters. In order to keep the gaiters from sliding down your calf and resting above your ankles you need to pull the drawstring to an uncomfortable tightness. Even then the gaiters tend to slide down the leg. Each time I use them I end up needing to readjust the fit every 20 minutes.

Overall I am not impressed with these and am looking for replacements.