REI Meteor Pack

Just came back from a four-day, 15-mile BP trip in…

Design: internal
Size: youth 3100 cu
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: 20-25
Height of Owner: 14 inch torso

Just came back from a four-day, 15-mile BP trip in the Emigrant Wilderness in CA. (9,000 feet to 7,500 feet) My son used the Meteor Pack and we had a great experience. The internal frame vs external frame was an issue. REI was pushing toward the external frame. (lots of parents buying them for the two mile hike to Scout camp) My son liked the fit of the internal. Going to Scout camp the external would be fine, going off trail, bouldering and cutting brush, (the trails were covered with snow) the internal was a much better choice.

My son was able to tighten it up when climbing around the granite, and make the necessary adjustments on the fly to keep the pack comfortable. My son is 10, 87 lbs and the pack weight was around 20-25 pounds to start. The price was higher than an external but for us it was worth it. We have two younger kids that will use it when he outgrows it.. Hope this helps...

REI Meteor Pack

The Meteor Pack has been discontinued.

The REI Meteor Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 3, 2013 at REI.