I bought these pants for mountain biking and they…

Fabric: stretch Scholler

I bought these pants for mountain biking and they are the best! I wear them for everything now. Hiking, biking, walking... they are so comfortable you will forget you have them on!

I haven't been camping nor have I been in the rain with them yet, but I have been splashed with mud and water on the trails and it just ran off.

They could pass for dress pants too!

I would first start by saying I would give this product…

Fabric: scholler dynamic fabric

I would first start by saying I would give this product 4.5 stars if that were available. I have taken these pants on numerous overnight adventures in rain, sleet and snow. Warmth = better than adequate, Durability = better than adequate. Waterproofness/resistance = excellent. Fit = is the only downfall of these pants; I think they run a tad large! I would recommend these pants for general mountaineering/skiing and hikes of all lengths. These pants were worn in that backcountry of the Chugach Mountains, Alaska.

REI Mistral Pants

$89.50 (men's)

The REI Mistral Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 21, 2016 at REI.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review