For a 10°F synthetic bag, it packs down very well…

Source: bought it used

Summary

For a 10°F synthetic bag, it packs down very well (8.5 x 11), it's comfortable, and zips well. From my experience it's not a 10°F bag. I was cold in this bag at 40°F with thermals on.

Pros

• Packs small for synthetic

Cons

• Not an accurate temp rating

DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1880.jpg

DSCN1878.jpg

This is one of the most inaccurate bag ratings I've tested out of dozens. If the bag read 35°F I would consider this a great bag. Everything about the bag is positive but I would feel terrible if someone actually depended on this bag in 20-30's°.

If you buy this bag as a summer bag, I think you will be very impressed.

Warmth: Not accurate. It is more of a 40-45° bag.

Fit and comfort: Very comfortable and easy to move around in. Great overall shape.

Entry & Exit: Good zipper, no sticks.

Moisture: I never had any problems with the moisture. I never used the bag in weather under 30° though.

Packability: Packs down very small for a 10° bag (approx size of a sheet of paper).

Loft: Just looking at the bag, it is very thin. At first glance I thought, "There's no way a bag this thin can be a 10° bag."

Ease of Use: Everything works very well.

Features: Easy baffle strings, pocket, smooth and comfortable interior.

Construction & Durability: Well constructed and durable.

Conditions: Bought it used. Because I bought this used, I can only hope that the bag was somehow flattened over years and lost its loft. Mind you, I tried to re-loft it in the dryer with tennis balls to no avail. For this reason, I am giving it the benefit of the doubt and rating it as a pretty good bag. It actually is a good bag. Just beware.

The Nooksack is a great 3-season+ bag! I have put…

The Nooksack is a great 3-season+ bag! I have put in many cold very wet nights in the Pac. Northwest. Not sure I would want to get under 10-20 Deg. range. I've been fine in that range. Insulates well when damp.

Go Time! (Jesse Maloney)

How's the loft in yours? I bought mine used and it's pretty thin. I was cold at 40*.