REI Nooksack UL +35

Great summer bag. I got mine this year after a couple…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Primaloft
Temperature Rating: +35 F
Weight: 2 1/2 lbs for the long version

Great summer bag. I got mine this year after a couple of chilly early summer nights in my fleece bag liner up in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It packs down really small and it's really light. I'm 6'2 and 200 lbs and I like to roll from side to side all night. I didn't have any snagging or twisting action going on.

I think the temp rating is pretty accurate. I've been out this fall in the upper 30s and was warm enough. I have had a couple of instances where my feet got a little cool, but it was nothing that throwing a shell jacket over the end of the bag couldn't handle.

My only complaint was the price. It doesn't make sense that a higher temp rated, lighter bag costs 50% more than the average 20 degree synthetic bag.

With downlike warmth-for-weight efficiency, the completely redesigned REI Nooksack UL is ideal for light-and-fast adventures. PrimaLoft® MXL provides the most warmth for its weight of any synthetic insulation and unparalled compressibility; insulates even if damp. Developed jointly by PrimaLoft and REI, PrimaLoft MXL insulation is available exclusively in REI Nooksack sleeping bags. Differential layering puts the insulation where its needed for the right balance of low weight and high warmth. In-The-Round construction wraps vertical baffles around user from head to foot, creating a three-dimensional tube that surrounds you in warmth. Contoured hood, insulated muffler, roomy foot section, locking zipper and full-length draft tube combine to maximize warmth. Slim cut supports thermal efficiency and keeps the weight down. Features a durable polyester ripstop shell and polyester lining. Comes with a super-lightweight nylon stuff sack and a large cotton storage bag.

- REI refers to the men's version

REI Nooksack UL +35

The Nooksack UL +35 has been discontinued.

The REI Nooksack UL +35 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 30, 2009 at REI.

If you're looking for a new warm weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.