A few years ago I got an REI Polar Pod 0 degree sleeping…

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic not enought
Temperature Rating: 0 F
Weight: 5lb

A few years ago I got an REI Polar Pod 0 degree sleeping bag. From the get go I have not been happy with it. I took it on a family camping trip in the spring time in Colorado Mountains. It got close to 32 degrees. I got cold that night. Even with my fleece liner. I would rate this bag as a 40 F Degree bag.

The last two trips I took with this bag it was 22 Degrees and the other was above 32 degrees best guess . To stay warm on the 22 degree night. I used my fleece liner and wore my long underwear, close, and my down vest and put my gore-tex jacket over my feet.

After my last trip hunting I couldn't take it any more and I return the polar pod bag to REI.

As well as it is big and heavy.

So I have started to hunt for a new sleeping bag.

REI Polar Pod 0

The Polar Pod 0 has been discontinued.

The REI Polar Pod 0 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 7, 2008 at REI.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review