REI Polar Pod 0

A few years ago I got an REI Polar Pod 0 degree sleeping…

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic not enought
Temperature Rating: 0 F
Weight: 5lb

A few years ago I got an REI Polar Pod 0 degree sleeping bag. From the get go I have not been happy with it. I took it on a family camping trip in the spring time in Colorado Mountains. It got close to 32 degrees. I got cold that night. Even with my fleece liner. I would rate this bag as a 40 F Degree bag.

The last two trips I took with this bag it was 22 Degrees and the other was above 32 degrees best guess . To stay warm on the 22 degree night. I used my fleece liner and wore my long underwear, close, and my down vest and put my gore-tex jacket over my feet.

After my last trip hunting I couldn't take it any more and I return the polar pod bag to REI.

As well as it is big and heavy.

So I have started to hunt for a new sleeping bag.

This synthetic, cold-weather backpacking bag is priced for your budget, yet it's still feature-packed and built to last. Wide mummy shape gives you room to move for a better night's rest; ripstop nylon shell is lined with smooth taffeta for comfort against your skin. Polyester hollow-fiber insulation retains heat while providing loft and compressibility; shingled construction eliminates cold spots. Differentiated drawcords let you adjust the hood and neck openings easily in the dark. Internal pocket stows your watch, glasses or other essentials; stuff clothing into pillow pocket to create a cozy place to rest your head. Pad loops provide attachment points to secure bag to your sleeping pad, sold separately. Contoured hood, draft collar and full-length insulated draft tube keep warmth in, cold out. Includes nylon stuff sack and cotton storage bag.

REI Polar Pod 0

The Polar Pod 0 has been discontinued.

The REI Polar Pod 0 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 7, 2008 at REI.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.