REI Radiant +10

Shape mummy
Max user height - 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder girth - 62 in / 160 cm
Hip girth - 58 in / 150 cm

It took me many different buys and returns at REI…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 650
Temperature Rating: 10 degrees
Weight: 3 lbs 3 oz

It took me many different buys and returns at REI to find a bag I'm happy with. It fits large people well, I'm 6'1 and 250 lbs and it's not tight at all. It's true to its rating of 10 degrees, with mid weight thermals and socks, I was warm in 12 degrees. This hasn't been true with many other bags (even zero bags). A little on the heavier side, but what's 3-5 ounces if it's reliable and true to its rating.

Also for a regular price of $229 it's really affordable. I personally don't notice a temp rating difference between my old Marmot Colour ($449) 0 degree and this bag. Don't be fooled by its low price, knowing what I know now, I would probably buy it again if it was $100 more.

This is a great bag and on sale a fantastic value.

Design: Mummy
Fill: 650 fill down
Temperature Rating: 10 degrees euro rating
Weight: 2 lbs. 15 ounces

This is a great bag and on sale a fantastic value. It is not an ultra-lite bag but it is only ounces away from being one. Since it is not an ultra-lite it has benefits that are important to me.

It is made with heavier material and doesn't leak much down. It is roomier (bigger) and the material doesn't feel fragile. It also has been treated with DWR so water beads off. It packs small too.

Don't get caught up in high tech ultra-lite bags. They only offer a few ounces of savings at the expense of thinner material and tighter fit. This bag feels durable. Oh, it is plenty warm too...

REI Radiant +10

The Radiant +10 has been discontinued.

The REI Radiant +10 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 3, 2010 at REI.