REI Rendezvous Pants

I bought these a week ago and have already worn them…

I bought these a week ago and have already worn them 4 full days. They are the perfect pant - travel or otherwise. I'm 5'10" and the length is perfect (I didn't notice if the tag said 'tall').

I love the way the pockets are inside the pants - creating a very clean, tailored look. The snaps on the waistband and back pockets are so much better than buttons or velcro. I love the little hidden zipper pocket inside the right front pocket. The elastic drawcord at the bottom of the legs is a nice touch - I can let it out for a traditional, straight-leg look, or tighten it up for a more trendy cargo-style look.

The best thing, though, is the added drawstring at the waist. The pants already fit perfectly, but I always find that after wearing freshly dried pants, the waist and rear stretch just enough to need a belt - not so with the drawstring! I got the olive/moss color and am going back for the black.

The REI Rendezvous tall pants are a travel staple. These performance pants are disguised with clean lines and hidden pockets and are the perfect choice for the adventurer in all of us. Lightweight nylon fabric is tough enough to handle the rigors of travel; spandex adds shape retention and a touch of stretch. With a UPF 50+ rating, fabric provides excellent protection against harmful ultraviolet rays. Fixed waistband with belt loops hits just below belly button and secures with zip fly and snap; internal drawcord dials the fit. Knee darts offer a comfortable fit; cuffs feature adjustable bungee with cordlock. 2 front slash pockets, a concealed zip pocket, 2 rear flap pockets and 2 passport-size zip thigh pockets. Classic rise hits just below the belly button; classic fit follows body contours without being tight.

REI Rendezvous Pants

The Rendezvous Pants has been discontinued.

The REI Rendezvous Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 30, 2010 at REI.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.