Great lightweight jacket for windy and chilly conditions.

Source: bought it used

Summary

Great lightweight jacket for windy and chilly conditions. Packable and warm.

Pros

• Packable
  • Good price

Cons

• Wish it had pit zips

I was in the market for a puffy type jacket and researched many options. I was leaning towards the Patagonia Nano Puff, but really didn't want to pay the higher price for the Patagonia. I came across the Revelcloud and it seemed to be pretty much the same jacket and was much less expensive.

Since buying the jacket I have used it a lot. It makes a great outer layer over my fleece for cold and windy conditions. I have not used it backpacking yet, but plan to use it for my jacket at camp. Anytime I have used it, it has kept me plenty warm and blocks the wind well.

I have used it in temps in the teens with sub zero wind chills and been plenty warm. I have a wind shell that can go over top of it if I need additional layers but honestly, I haven't been cold enough yet to need that.

It does zip up into its own pocket so it packs up nice and small. I would definitely recommend this jacket as a good alternative to its higher priced counterparts. It has become a staple in my backpack and I will carry it in all four seasons.

Thanks for the review, Ilse!

Excellent Primaloft jacket. Layers well with REI's…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Excellent Primaloft jacket. Layers well with REI's fleece quarter zip. Packs down into its own pocket, water resistant, and 30 mph wind proof.

Pros

• Warmth
  • Water resistance
  • Wind resistance
  • Packability
  • Drawstrings around the waist

Cons

• Zippers sometimes get caught

The product fits great. I got a size larger so I can layer in the colder temps. The jacket has drawstrings around the bottom to tighten in chilly temperatures. Packs down about to the size of a large grapefruit.

Great jacket for being outside and backpacking.

I am an REI employee and do not speak on behalf of REI.