Hi Guys, I bought this pack to replace my father's…

Design: Top Loading along with "J" zipper front Internal
Size: 65 liters
Number of Pockets: 2 main with 2 on waist as well
Max. Load Carried: 55lbs
Height of Owner: 6'3"

Hi Guys,

I bought this pack to replace my father's old external boyscout pack i was borrowing. So far it has been a WONDERFUL pack. Let me explain who i am and what i bought it for then give it a review.

I bought it for 3 to 6 day hikes both here in the USA East Coast and also for a 5month trip to New Zealand. I am 6'3" and about 225lbs, decent shape avid jogger and outdoors man but just pretty big. A big problem I had in finding packs was finding one that had a long enough torso so that I could distribute the weight on my hips.

This pack with the velcro adjustable shoulders and long waist allows all the adjustment needed to fit just about anyone. I just returned form a 5 day stint on the AT with 2 other friends. I had this pack full, with a 4 man tent strapped on outside strap rings, full of mine and one of my friends clothes, and then water sometimes up to 4 liters in total. Fully packed it weighted a total of 53lbs. And it held it all beautifully and comfortably. I had this thing on my back from 8 am till 7pm for all 5 days not once did it get uncomfortable.

J loading zipper was very handy
Handled heavy loads well
Had enough room for everything i needed
Adjustable to fit all sizes

Not enough compaction straps
Bottom rings to strap tent were to loose and caused it to wiggle as i walked, an extra strap through waist belt area fixed it.

REI Ridgeline 65

The Ridgeline 65 has been discontinued.

The REI Ridgeline 65 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 1, 2015 at REI.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review