Hi Guys, I bought this pack to replace my father's…

Design: Top Loading along with "J" zipper front Internal
Size: 65 liters
Number of Pockets: 2 main with 2 on waist as well
Max. Load Carried: 55lbs
Height of Owner: 6'3"

Hi Guys,

I bought this pack to replace my father's old external boyscout pack i was borrowing. So far it has been a WONDERFUL pack. Let me explain who i am and what i bought it for then give it a review.

I bought it for 3 to 6 day hikes both here in the USA East Coast and also for a 5month trip to New Zealand. I am 6'3" and about 225lbs, decent shape avid jogger and outdoors man but just pretty big. A big problem I had in finding packs was finding one that had a long enough torso so that I could distribute the weight on my hips.

This pack with the velcro adjustable shoulders and long waist allows all the adjustment needed to fit just about anyone. I just returned form a 5 day stint on the AT with 2 other friends. I had this pack full, with a 4 man tent strapped on outside strap rings, full of mine and one of my friends clothes, and then water sometimes up to 4 liters in total. Fully packed it weighted a total of 53lbs. And it held it all beautifully and comfortably. I had this thing on my back from 8 am till 7pm for all 5 days not once did it get uncomfortable.

Pros:

J loading zipper was very handy
Handled heavy loads well
Had enough room for everything i needed
Adjustable to fit all sizes

Cons:

Not enough compaction straps
Bottom rings to strap tent were to loose and caused it to wiggle as i walked, an extra strap through waist belt area fixed it.