I bought this jacket because it had a very rare combination…

Fabric: REI Elements outer
Fill: PrimaLoft

I bought this jacket because it had a very rare combination of attributes. Water resistant, moderately insulated, and had an insulated hood. Conceptually, this was the perfect jacket for me.

However, the sizing of this particular jacket is a bit odd. The large, which is what I usually wear, was very baggy around the midsection. It's almost as if the cut of this jacket is made for a large beer belly.

The medium fit me perfectly in the midsection, but the shoulders are a little restrictive. It's a trade-off that I'm not accustomed to.

The styling is very bland and odd. But functionally, it is a great product, which is why I will keep it. I do, however, wish I could unzip the jacket from the bottom up as well as top down.