REI Thermo Jacket

I was hoping for more with this jacket. I've had an…

Fabric: Polartec Wind Pro

I was hoping for more with this jacket. I've had an Eddie Bauer Polartec jacket for over 6 years. It's been a great jacket, and I was hoping this would be an upgrade to that.

Unfortunately I'm not impressed. I'm not sure what weight Polartec Wind Pro REI used, but this jacket is not very warm, and certainly not as warm as the jacket it was meant to replace.

Good thing REI has a great return policy, as I'm seriously considering returning the jacket.

Sporting an active, athletic fit, our REI Thermo jacket provides a comfortable combination of wind blocking, breathability and warmth. Main body is built with midweight Polartec® Wind Pro® for wind resistance, breathability and quick-drying comfort. Polartec Wind Pro with stretch on rear collar, underarm gussets and sides offers more breathability and less bulk. Durable Water Repellent finish causes water to bead up and roll off. Windproof to 10 mph. Hem drawcord and inner draft flap behind zipper seal in heat. Tricot-lined collar is soft next to skin; chin guard prevents zipper abrasion. Two zippered hand pockets are placed to clear a hipbelt.

- REI refers to the men's version

REI Thermo Jacket

The Thermo Jacket has been discontinued.

The REI Thermo Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 22, 2009 at REI.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.