REI Traverse Valhalla

Well, I have been on the trail with this pack for…

Design: Internal Frame
Size: I dont recall
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 45 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'6"

Well, I have been on the trail with this pack for some years now. The only complaint I have with it is the fact that it only has one pocket. This can be a pain sometimes, like when you have to get something out of the bottom. Therefore, I have had to learn to pack my pack strategically. The stuff I will definately use goes on top, and the gear of lessor importance goes on the bottom. I think that because of this, I have actually become a more efficient backpacker, limiting myself to only the neccessary gear.

I have been on the trail with this pack many a times for over a week, and am amazed at its ability to hold all of my gear. It is a truely comfortable and enjoyable pack to own.

Yes, I would have to say that this is one hell of a good pack.

Keep up the good work REI!

I agree with the other reviews posted about this pack.

Design: top-loading internal
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 55 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'11"
Price Paid: gift

I agree with the other reviews posted about this pack. After using it for nearly 10 years, I was fed up with having just the one large pocket and a small pocket on the lid. It made it difficult to load and unload. However, I found it to be very comfortable and the top lid removes and can be used as a daypack. I finally had to get a new pack that was more useful as far as packing goes. But, I have been satisfied with the pack and will keep it around and probably give it to my son when he is ready to accompany me on my backpacking trips.

If you've owned or used a REI Traverse Valhalla, please share your experience.

REI Traverse Valhalla

The Traverse Valhalla has been discontinued.

The REI Traverse Valhalla is not available from the stores we monitor.