In one word: unreliable. I loved this pack when I…

Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'1"

In one word: unreliable.

I loved this pack when I got it - the comfort, the weight, the price, everything. Then the pack disconnected itself from the waist-strap on day 18 of a 21-day hike while it was on my back. Take a look at it yourself, there is a rather precarious single-point of connection between the pack and waist.

I was able to return it and get my money back. But the last 40 miles of that hike were quite uncomfortable.

I bought this for my wife so that we could go backpacking…

Design: Internal front loading
Size: 2,750
Number of Pockets: 4 mesh pockets and one front pocket
Max. Load Carried: 26 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 10"
Price Paid: $57 on ebay

I bought this for my wife so that we could go backpacking together and it has worked great. I used it with my guy backpackers and it was amazing. There is a big differance between the men's and women's. The women's model has nearer shoulder straps for one thing.

This pack is great though. I carried 25 lbs for 18 miles and I was comfortable the whole time. If you are moving from traditional backpacking to ultralight backpacking this is a good first step. I put my sleeping bag, clothes, food, water, cookwear and sleeping pad in it and I still have room for my tent. This is a great backpack. I am planning on getting the men's version for myself.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All UL 45 Pack versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the UL 45 Pack. Read all reviews »

REI Women's UL 45 Pack

The Women's UL 45 Pack has been discontinued.

The REI Women's UL 45 Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review