In one word: unreliable. I loved this pack when I…

Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'1"

In one word: unreliable.

I loved this pack when I got it - the comfort, the weight, the price, everything. Then the pack disconnected itself from the waist-strap on day 18 of a 21-day hike while it was on my back. Take a look at it yourself, there is a rather precarious single-point of connection between the pack and waist.

I was able to return it and get my money back. But the last 40 miles of that hike were quite uncomfortable.

I bought this for my wife so that we could go backpacking…

Design: Internal front loading
Size: 2,750
Number of Pockets: 4 mesh pockets and one front pocket
Max. Load Carried: 26 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 10"
Price Paid: $57 on ebay

I bought this for my wife so that we could go backpacking together and it has worked great. I used it with my guy backpackers and it was amazing. There is a big differance between the men's and women's. The women's model has nearer shoulder straps for one thing.

This pack is great though. I carried 25 lbs for 18 miles and I was comfortable the whole time. If you are moving from traditional backpacking to ultralight backpacking this is a good first step. I put my sleeping bag, clothes, food, water, cookwear and sleeping pad in it and I still have room for my tent. This is a great backpack. I am planning on getting the men's version for myself.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All UL 45 Pack versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the UL 45 Pack. Read all reviews »