REI Venturi 40 Pack

I love this pack it has a lot of pockets which makes…

I love this pack it has a lot of pockets which makes it convenient. It fits well. It carries a lot.

I used it for an overnighter and I prefer using stuff sacks to carry more stuff and I actually carried about 35 lbs for that overnighter. It held very well.

I wish it had a better storage on the bottom of the bag but overall it is the best daypack I have ever had. I do not plan on getting any other bag for a while.

I bought this bag at the REI scratch and dent sale so try to take that to your advantage.

Carries big loads, up to 35+lbs but I really wish…

Design: top loading internal frame
Size: 40l
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 40-45
Height of Owner: 5'10"

Carries big loads, up to 35+lbs but I really wish it had better bottom straps for attaching items.

I have used this pack on a few several day hiking trips and it holds up very well. I did have to return/replace the first one I bought because the water tight zippers became disconnected from the bag (maybe from the heat in the back of my truck it gets in the 100s here) but after that replacement I have had no problems whatsoever.

Also I am a med pack size but I use a large for a little more room and it fits great.

Plenty of space for long technical day hikes, where…

Design: internal toploader
Size: 2441
Number of Pockets: 6+ main
Max. Load Carried: 30
Height of Owner: 6'6

Plenty of space for long technical day hikes, where specialty gear is necessary, or for a UL weekend. The design of the pockets makes accessing gear at the spur of the moment a breeze!

The back panel is super comfortable compared to a traditional straight panel. but for all of the comfort some stability is sacrificed, as I found on a few very technical scrambles last weekend. Also, I don't think there are enough strap down points on the outside to really secure a bigger load.

But keep the weight under 25lbs and this has to be one of the best packs on the market! Highly recommended!

The REI Venturi 40 pack carries an overnight trip's worth of gear so you can enjoy a weekend away. Free Flow tensioned mesh back panel provides uninhibited breathability and alleviates common pressure points. Suspension allows warm air to escape and fresh air to circulate between pack and your back. Lightweight tubular aluminum perimeter frame provides structure without restricting movement, and it keeps pack weight low. Shoulder straps and hipbelt feature perforated foam padding for breathability; they also feature stabilizer straps for setting proper pack position. Precurved shoulder straps and hipbelt match your anatomy for nonbinding comfort, and stabilize and control lateral movement when you're on the go. Top-loading main compartment has plenty of room for those done-in-a-day trips. 2 pockets on floating lid (1 with a water-repellent zipper) store your map, headlamp, spare batteries and other small equipment. Front panel features a welded, water-repellent zippered pocket for storing often-used gear. Upper stash zip pocket stores small essentials such as keys and cash. Twin hipbelt zip pockets store those small essentials you want at finger tips, such as GPS, digital camera, lip balm and sunscreen. Lightweight twin tool loops and bungee lash straps let you secure trekking poles and ice axes. Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir not included). Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying. Special buy.

- REI refers to the men's version

REI Venturi 40 Pack

The Venturi 40 Pack has been discontinued.

The REI Venturi 40 Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2012 at REI.