Rockwater Designs Shearwater 40

Great quality tent. Never leaked or blown down. Has…

Great quality tent. Never leaked or blown down. Has survived everything including the 140km/hr winds this past weekend. There are only two things I do not like.

One, it does not freestand very well. It does need all its pegs. Second, the rear vestibule sags when really wet or snow covered. This means no extra storage in the back as the tent will touch what you put in and then leaks. But I do love this tent.

From east to west this tent has stood the test! I…

Design: Rockwater Design
Ease of Setup: very quick snap system, well designed fly
Weight: 9.3?lbs
Price Paid: present ($375)?

From east to west this tent has stood the test! I love that I can take the tent down from the inside out. Adaptable to a four-season, great porch space. Thanx, dad.

I’ve had this tent for four years. It has survived…

Ease of Setup: Extremely easy, and quick

I’ve had this tent for four years. It has survived high winds, large downpours and snow. Although not classified as a 4-season tent due to the thickness of the Easton aluminum poles it fares very well in the winter.

The vestibules are nice and roomy and easily hold all your gear. The tent has many points for guidelines… so many in fact that I have put this tent up using only cord attached to the guide points. It was almost as good as having the poles in. Since the poles are fed through the fly, the fly can be used without the tent when weight is an issue. (Although this tent is not heavy to begin with.) The factory sealed seams and waterproofing provides superior protection from rain.

Best of all a small clip broke on my tent after my first trip. I took it back to the store and Rockwater replaced my tent within a few days… I recommend this tent to anyone who needs a 3-season and occasionally a 4-season tent. In short this tent is bombproof.

My wife and I love this tent. At this time I have…

Design: 3 season
Sleeps: 2 + a dog
Ease of Setup: pole sleeves can be a pain to feed poles through, but is relatively easy to set up.
Weight: about 9 pounds
Price Paid: estimated at $400

My wife and I love this tent. At this time I have had 34 nights in this tent this year (alternating with wife, dog, or both). The tent has survived this year's rains and winds in all provinces east of Ont. as well as many canoe and kayak trips. We are pleased with the design (x pole sleeves) and construction. 9.5 out of 10.

Rockwater Designs Shearwater 40

The Rockwater Designs Shearwater 40 is not available from the stores we monitor.