Rocky Gore-Tex Oversock

I bought these a long time ago, back about 1998 and…

I bought these a long time ago, back about 1998 and still use them occasionally. I really like that they let water vapor escape much better than Seal Skinz which I have also owned at one short stage within this RGTO period.

These socks are great. I have used them with only liner socks and heavy duty hiking mountaineering socks.

They do need something under them to be most effective. They bunch up, in shoe under foot, only when not using any socks or rushing the foot into the shoe without care. With a moment of fitting and slight care of placement these work very well and even do keep a fair amount of splashed water out that may run down your leg with the elastic cuff fitting snugly against the calf.

If there was any additional improvement, they could also make a pair that was full calf (just under knee) height.

Yes, I do recommend and have not needed to buy another pair yet but would.