I love this tent. I bought it used and have used it…

Design: non-freestanding
Ease of Setup: not as easy even for a seasoned hiker
Weight: about 4.5 lbs

I love this tent. I bought it used and have used it several times. It is very roomy but the door is small. I loaned it out and a pole went missing so I had to buy another tent. I have since found the pole and I have a hard time deciding which tent to use. It has never leaked nor have I ever seen condensation on the inside. It does not pack down as small as my other tent.

Roomy, lightweight, roomy, VERY little condensation…

Design: three-season, not freestanding
Ease of Setup: fairly simple set-up with a little experience
Weight: 4.5 lb

Roomy, lightweight, roomy, VERY little condensation during almost 12 hours of warm overnight storm. Great stargazing tent without the rainfly, too. Did I mention roomy? Two adults with gear had room too for gear and card games during Sierra storms.

At $200+ I'd have been satisfied. At well under $100, I'm ecstatic! The only thing that keeps me from giving this tent 5 stars is the complexity of setup. Don't get me wrong, it's simple to set up, but it takes a good three minutes to complete even when you've had a little experience doing so and three minutes can be quite a while in a "summer in the Sierra" rainstorm.

One thing that I can suggest is folding the rainfly inside-out when packing the tent. This makes quick setup a little quicker.

More than enough room inside the tent for gear (it's a long tent) and careful cooking can be accomplished inside the vestibule through the small access door. I stress the "carefull" part of that.

Hey Rokk, any chance you could make that access door just a little bit larger on next year's model? I'll buy another one.

ROKK Minimalist

The ROKK Minimalist is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 15, 2006 at Gear for Adventure.

DeLorme inReach SE Review