Royal Robbins Princeton Jacket

This caught my eye because it looked sophisticated…

This caught my eye because it looked sophisticated and fairly functional. Basically this is a reinterpretation of the classic car coat. I wasn't even sure I liked it until I put it on and then I was sold.

The fabric looks like melton wool like a pea coat and kind of tweedy but it isn't. It's impervious to rain, snow and wind. I can say that because I've worn it in recent blizzards in the Sierra Nevada and rain storms in Malibu. Dress it up with slacks and a sweater to head in to the office or grunge it down with jeans and a T-shirt.

January Clearance On now! Don't let the wool-like appearance fool you! Royal Robbins Princeton jacket is pure polyester and has adventure built right into the fabric weave. Polyester weave creates a clean, heathered wool appearance, wicks away moisture and breathes well. Windproof, waterproof and breathable laminate protects you from unpredictable weather; seams are sealed to increase protection. Soft and comfortable against the skin, polyester fleece lining increases warmth. Quilted nylon taffeta sleeve lining eases layering. Full-length stormflap covers zipper and increases weather protection. Two zippered hand pockets shelter your fingers with microfleece lining; two exterior flap pockets hold small extras. Zippered chest pocket and interior zippered pocket stow essentials. Articulated elbows allow full range of movement. Snap-closure cuffs adjust the fit to seal out cold air.

Royal Robbins Princeton Jacket

The Royal Robbins Princeton Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 7, 2008 at REI.

If you're looking for a new jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.