Ruff Wear SingleTrack Pack

Great lightweight water-pack for my dog. Used for…

Source: researched water-packs for dogs on internet

Summary

Great lightweight water-pack for my dog. Used for trail running and day hikes not exceeding 13 miles. Not made for overnight backpacking storage.

Pros

• Efficient
  • Includes handle
  • Looks good

Cons

• Pack will slip to one side
  • Not enough color choices
  • Dog's armpit will chaff sometimes

Great lightweight water-pack for my dog.  It carries water and poop bags and that's it.  If you are looking for something heavy duty in terms of function this is not the pack for your dog. It's great for short hikes, day hikes (13 miles or less) and trail running with dog.

Love the handle on the pack.  It has helped me plenty of times when I can't get to leash fast enough or when I have to hoist dog over large rocks where she can't climb on her own. The color it's bright, although during fall my dog blends into foliage.

The pack itself is durable, however one of the Platypuses already has a leak. I have been using this pack for about four months.  I also use on short 2 mile hikes now just because I like to put my phone and keys in pack.

Hard to find initially because many places were sold out of pack and, probably due to popularity, manufacture will not have pack available until Feb-2014.  I found two packs on Amazon but eventually purchased through REI online because of sizing and because it was not available in stores.

I give this a thumbs up. Overall great pack for my dog.

Nice pack in general, but two big misses. I love Ruff…

Summary

Nice pack in general, but two big misses.

I love Ruff Wear products and must own over 10 including the Approach Pack and the Palisades Pack.

This pack is nice for short trail runs under 15 miles, but just 1L of water might not go that far in the summer especially in Florida where we are. Well made pack, stitched well, very sturdy, great colors for visibility during fall forest running.

I have one big problem with the pack and one small one.

Small problem: The pack is sized differently than their other packs and thus because I did not pay attention and just bought the same size I have in the other two packs this was too small for my dog.

Big problem: There is no metal leash ring. What in the world was the designer thinking not adding this detail?

Visit Ruff Wear's SingleTrack Pack page.

The sleek, low-profile Ruffwear Singletrak Hydration Dog Pack is ideal for your dusty, thirsty dog's trail adventures in dry climates.

Ruffwear designed its Singletrak Pack in such a comfortable way that your pooch will barely notice that he's carrying his own water on your day hikes. Five adjustable points offer a customizable fit, foam padding on the straps don't rub him the wrong way, and low-profile saddlebags make sure he can still run, jump, and bound through the forest like he always does without the pack on. Ruffwear included two soft-sided, collapsible water bottles for your convenience, and they're BPA-free and taste-free for Fido's convenience. A reflective trim ensures low-light visibility when the sun sets over his squirell-chasing, hole-digging, tree-sniffing adventures.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Ruffwear Singletrak Pack FEATURES of the Ruffwear Singletrak Pack Low-profile saddlebags ride close to the body, allowing dogs to be agile Two soft-sided 0.6L collapsible water bottles are BPA-free and taste-free Customizable fit with five points of adjustment allow for full range of motion Foam-padded chest and belly straps for comfortable, extended wear Light color is designed to reflect heat from the sun Low-light visibility with reflective trim

The Ruffwear Singletrak Pack(TM) is a sleek, low-profile hydration pack. Featuring two on-board, collapsible water bottles, dogs stay hydrated for the long haul. Two external stash pockets fit other adventure essentials.

- Ruff Wear