Ruff Wear The Roamer Leash

This is a new take on the dog leash that offers versatility…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a new take on the dog leash that offers versatility and hands-free freedom.

Pros

• Versatility
  • Length
  • Strength
  • Durability

Cons

• Not retractable

So this is a supped up bungee cord of sorts with a tough exterior wrapping around it. It has the option of expanding the hand loop into a waist loop so you can take your dog running. It offers a softer material on the wrist then the traditional dog leashes.

I have a 100 lb lab who has the propensity to take off when he sees a cat. He could care less about squirrels, skunks, etc but he wants to get cats — ironic since we have two of them at home that he could care less about.  Anyway with this least it slows him down gradually instead of the abrupt stop that a traditional leash. This causes less tension and pain on his neck. I really like that feature.

On the other hand sometimes you have to quickly grab a section of leash if you need to stop your dog abruptly. I think it's best uses would be on the trail or in a running situation. But walking in an urban setting where lots of other animals are around — well it might not let you stop your dog as fast as you need to.

Also, and it's a minor thing, I don't like set up of the part that attaches to the leash. It snags sometimes — more so than what a traditional leash offers. Other than that I really like this leash.

Cool, stylish leash. I use it with my dog on trail…

Cool, stylish leash. I use it with my dog on trail runs and day hikes. We both like that it has a little give while running.

Has a really nice, strong clip. Comfortable padded handle with a buckle to hook around something or around your waist to have a hands-free leash. There's also a little clip to clip your potty bags too.