Ruffwear Approach Pack

Price Paid: retail

My dog is a gear testing monster. His first sleeping bag was shredded on its first trip out (while I was still asleep). His packs go bushwhacking and squirrel chasing, not to mention swimming and puddle stomping. He is an active boy.

This is the 4th pack my dog has had - not counting a weekend with the Kelty that got sold shortly afterwards. He has worn out one Approach and one Palisades. Now he has a well worn Palisades and a 6-month-old Approach.

The older model Palisades has held up very well due to the materials that was used back in 05/06 by Ruff Wear. The new Approach is made from a material that may not be as durable but the design is top of the line. I can't imagine how it could be improved. A lot of thought went into this pack. It stays in place all day long and is not hard to balance the dogs load - what else is there to say. (If you do much dog packing you know that a shifting pack is a contant bother.)

Anyways I'm gonna keep it short on detail and just say that, although pricey, I would highly recommend this pack and the Ruff Wear Warranty was top notch the two times I have used it. They would (I'm sure) replace a worn out pack, but that does not seem fair so I just tossed the old one and got a new one.

Good work, Ruff Wear. 5 stars all the way.