Ruffwear Portage Float Coat

I used this coat for a while with my mini-aussie Link.

• Floats
  • Doesn't waterlog

It did the trick just fine for him! (30lbs full grown). Kept him up while he paddled, and I loved having a handle that I could use to move him around with. It was also nice that we were able to attach his leash to it while we walked around the boat dock. I never had any issues with it being too loose or coming off, though if both of the flaps don't wrap fully around the dogs stomach, I could maybe see where issues would begin.

One important thing to me, I guess growing up within Vegas and going to the lake often, is to test lifejackets. People don't always understand that some aren't up to snuff and can waterlog with time (many kids ones in fact, with princesses and whatnot on them) usually these are cheap ones, but I have seen a couple expensive ones fail the test. To see if it does that you just need to leave it in a pool/body of water overnight, this guy stayed afloat all night!

Overall, I have been happy with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone with a similar sized beast! Sadly, Link passed away and his replacement Teddy is already too big for it lol.

Have you owned or used a Ruffwear Portage Float Coat? Share your experience »