Ruffwear SingleTrack Pack

Source: researched water-packs for dogs on internet

Summary

Great lightweight water-pack for my dog. Used for trail running and day hikes not exceeding 13 miles. Not made for overnight backpacking storage.

Pros

• Efficient
  • Includes handle
  • Looks good

Cons

• Pack will slip to one side
  • Not enough color choices
  • Dog's armpit will chaff sometimes

Great lightweight water-pack for my dog.  It carries water and poop bags and that's it.  If you are looking for something heavy duty in terms of function this is not the pack for your dog. It's great for short hikes, day hikes (13 miles or less) and trail running with dog.

Love the handle on the pack.  It has helped me plenty of times when I can't get to leash fast enough or when I have to hoist dog over large rocks where she can't climb on her own. The color it's bright, although during fall my dog blends into foliage.

The pack itself is durable, however one of the Platypuses already has a leak. I have been using this pack for about four months.  I also use on short 2 mile hikes now just because I like to put my phone and keys in pack.

Hard to find initially because many places were sold out of pack and, probably due to popularity, manufacture will not have pack available until Feb-2014.  I found two packs on Amazon but eventually purchased through REI online because of sizing and because it was not available in stores.

I give this a thumbs up. Overall great pack for my dog.

Have you owned or used a Ruffwear SingleTrack Pack? Share your experience »