Salewa Raven Combi GTX

I have used this boot in summer 2012. The rocker was…

Summary

I have used this boot in summer 2012. The rocker was not to my liking and I wore completely through the rubber on the toe (just my stride). Since then I have tried many other lightweight boots (Salewa Condor, Asolo Titan, La Sportiva Glacier), and none have been as good.

Pros

• Excellent for hiking, have done 20 mile days in comfort
  • Weatherproof

Cons

• Fragile lace guides bent
  • Sole wore through
  • High cuff and stiffness makes level terrain hiking tougher

I used this boot all of summer 2012 to climb in Germany, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, and the UK. I planned to do more technical stuff than I did, but since I only brought one pair of boots I did some very long hikes in these.

For a mountaineering boot they hiked quite well. Did 38 km/ 2300 m elevation gain in Romania climbing Moldoveanu with these and didn't get any blisters. Did a few long days elsewhere with great results. In Romania I began wearing through the rubber on the toe of the boot sole rapidly. I think the rocker is not ideal for my stride.

The boots continued to work well, until a lace guide bent, and afterward another. This made the lacing less comfortable, but still useable. Once back in the U.S. Salewa advised me to return them to backcountry.com rather than warranty them.

Very light and stiff. No blisters as advertised. They…

Summary

Very light and stiff. No blisters as advertised. They have been waterproof in the rain and creek crossings. I use this boot for mountain hiking and mountain hunting.

Pros

• Light
  • Stiff
  • Waterproof
  • No blister guarantee

Cons

• Hard insole
  • Low rise for some conditions

One of the most comfortable boots I've worn. As soon as my foot slipped into these Salewas I knew they were for me.

Ascend menacing peaks via winding ridges with the lightweight support of the Salewa Footwear Raven Combi GTX Boot. This rock-oriented mountaineering boot is equipped with a waterproof breathable Gore-Tex liner to prevent moisture of any kind from grounding your summit attempt.

Free Shipping. Salewa Men's MS Raven Combi GTX Boot FEATURES of the Salewa Men's MS Raven Combi GTX Boot The Salewa Men's MS Raven Combi Goretex Boot features 3D System Evo Technology, which divides the shoe into three areas to allow for fine-tuning to achieve the best possible comfort and performance. The Raven Combi's 3F System Evo Technology limits the freedom of movement of an athlete's foot and provides flexibility, ankle support, and precision fit. Multiple lasts on this boot prevents friction that causes blisters. Nobody likes blisters. SPECIFICATIONS of the Salewa Men's MS Raven Combi GTX Boot Weight: 800 grams Insole Stiff: Nylon + 27% Fiberglass Lining: GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Upper: Cordura, 360deg full rubber rand, 2.0mm PU Coated Leather, Highly wear-resistant fabric Outsole: Vibram Mulaz OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean. ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL. This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The Salewa Raven Combi GTX Men's Boot is made with specifically engineered materials, especially the elastic cuff, that make it lightweight and agile while still offering an incredible level of support.

- CampSaver.com

The Salewa Raven Combi GTX deliver exactly the lean, mean no nonsense performance you'd expect from an Italian alpine boot. Recently introduced into the North American market, the Salewa fit and performance have won fans. Agile unrestricted range of motion, a secure fit, and support make the Raven Combi GTX ideal for mountaineers looking to cover rough terrain on their way to spring and summer summits. GORE-TEX(R) Performance Comfort offers waterproof breathable protection Small, built in neoprene gator allows freedom of movement and keeps out snow Polyurethane coating protects 2mm Leather, Cordura(R) is both flexible, lightweight and robust Super sticky Vibram(R) Mulaz sole Vibram(R) sole features a lug-free toe for technical edging Gusseted tongue allows unrestricted flex "Y" rear-foot design anchors the heel and wraps the achilles Dense 360deg toe rand protects high wear areas

- OMCgear

The premium materials used make it lightweight and extremely comfortable to wear The elastic cuff provides agility while the 3S 3D evo and 3F systems ensure an incredible level of supportFeatures Breathable Waterproof Light High cuff

- Bentgate.com