Salomon Canyon Mid GTX

I have owned these boots for about 3 years now, and…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: Backpacking, Dayhikes, Creek walks, Winter excursions
Break-in Period: Month or two (Depending on terrain)
Weight: 3 lb

I have owned these boots for about 3 years now, and they are by far the best pair of boots I have ever owned.

I have taken these boots on many camping trips, to Canada and back, through the Boundary Waters, and up quite a few mountains. In the process, I have walked through many streams, muddy puddles, and wet environments.

They were also my primary boots for traveling back and forth across the University campus in the snow and slush for the last two winters. Almost every time I've worn them, they've kept my feet dry. The only times my feet have gotten wet it was because of water splashing over the top of the boot.

Unfortunately, their time has about run its course, but they were such great boots the first time, that I'm considering buying another pair.

These shoes sucked! I bought them about four years…

These shoes sucked! I bought them about four years ago and have used them pretty rigorously every summer. I have done many hiking trips, a backpacking trip, worked as a Park Ranger and as now as a field researcher.

With the rain a few days ago it made the weeds that I was walking through wet, my shoes were soaked as were my socks, so much so that I rung them out!!! Thank goodness I was prepared with another pair of socks (that were also soaked by the end of the day) or my 12 hrs shift would have been awful.

These shoes sucked and I would never buy Salomon again. I gave them 1 star for comfort. The warranty sucks, only 1 year warranty on something that is suppose to be waterproof, and I wasn't even walking through water...just weeds.

If you're the type who doesn't let a little rain or a rough trail get in the way of a good hike, then the Salomon Men's Canyon Mid GTX Hiking Boot is a choice to consider. Excellent for day hikes or light overnighters, this lightweight hiking boot includes a waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX liner for muddy trails and passing rains. Almost as light as a trail running shoe, the Salomon Canyon Mid GTX Hiking Boot offers a mid-ankle cut for support when stepping over downed trees or picking your way through a section of rock fall. And for reliable braking and grip on everything from creek side mud to car-size boulders, a durable Contagrip outsole features aggressive lugs to hug the mountainous terrain.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Salomon's hiking shoes are comfortable enough for high-mileage treks with enough stiffness to endure the weight of a pack. Gore-Tex(R) waterproof suede and mesh upper keep water out while breathable interior wicks moisture. Mid-rise boots stand up to varying terrain Thick, padded collar and tongue Shock-absorbing midsole Contagrip(R) rubber outsole Protective toe and heel rand Weight: 2 lb. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

The weekend's here and you're ready to go. Salomon's Canyon mid GTX hiking boot for women makes trail life easy during long weekends. It's more supportive than a trail runner but less than a heavy-duty backpacking boot just right for carrying a lighter pack and scrambling around rocks on day hikes. The Gore-Tex waterproof breathable lining means you won't have to worry about soggy feet and the Contragip outsole lends awesome traction.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Salomons Canyon mid GTX hiking boot for men makes trail life easy for long weekends. Its more supportive than a trail runner but less than a heavy-duty backpacking boot just right for carrying a lighter pack and scrambling around rocks on day hikes.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

These mid-cut cross-training shoes are designed for use on moderate to rugged terrain and feature Gore-Tex® waterproof construction. Split-grain leather and nylon fabric uppers provide lasting flexibility and durability. Mid-cut cuffs and gusseted, padded tongues keep out trail debris and help relieve pressure around ankles and under lacing. Rubber heel and toe caps protect uppers and feet from bumps and abrasion; heel and tongue loops aid in entry. Seam-sealed and breathable Gore-Tex linings offer total waterproof protection; nylon linings wick away moisture for fast drying. Die-cut EVA footbeds add extra cushioning to the compression-molded EVA midsoles for comfortable shock-absorption all day long. Nylon midsole supports provide torsional rigidity and protection on uneven terrain. Long-lasting traction from Contagrip™ rubber outsoles keeps you moving across rough surfaces, both wet and dry. Closeout.

- REI refers to the men's version

Salomon Canyon Mid GTX

The Canyon Mid GTX has been discontinued.

The Salomon Canyon Mid GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 20, 2009 at Altrec Outdoors.