Salomon Ellipse GTX

Right out of the box these went on feeling like my…

Summary

Right out of the box these went on feeling like my favorite go-to shoes for weeks. The toe box is roomy enough for a little wiggle in my toes but stable to keep me from sliding around going downhill. These are capable of gripping all sorts of terrain, dusty trails, granite slides and gravel.

Pros

• Quality, sturdy shoe
  • Grip of sole

Lightweight waterproof hiking shoe ideal for women who like to move quickly in the mountains. Made with Goretex, these have kept my feel dry when tramping through light water on the trail. The grip on several surfaces has me feeling confident in each step whether on sandy trail, granite rock, or graveled surfaces.

Right out of the box they felt like my favorite shoe I have been wearing. No breaking in was needed for me. The tongue is connected to the shoe in a way that minimizes dirt and pebbles jumping into the shoe. I have bought three pairs of these so I know I'll have a pair as backup when the others are gone through.