Salomon Exit Aero

I've been wearing the Exit Aero for about 6 months.

Materials: suede, breathable mesh
Use: city walking - good on short walks, failed on long walks
Break-in Period: none

I've been wearing the Exit Aero for about 6 months. Initially I said repeatedly that they are the best pair of walking shoes that I've owned. Nearly all of my walking is in the city. I appreciate the strong supportive bottoms and toe protection.

However, since I walked long distance on three different days (15 miles, 8 miles and approx. 26 miles), I became aware of the shoes shortcomings. the breathable mesh that I appreciated for its lightness and breathability, seems to have failed to provide good support to my forefoot. I injured my foot (swelling) on those long walks and suspect if the the fabric were different (stronger) I would not have injured my foot.

If anyone can recommend a stronger, city walking shoe that has the kind of bottom support in the Exit Aero, please notify me.

Thank you.

If you've owned or used a Salomon Exit Aero, please share your experience.

Salomon Exit Aero

The Exit Aero has been discontinued.

The Salomon Exit Aero is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 28, 2013 at Mountain Gear.