Salomon Exit Mid

This is probably the best day hiking boot I have ever…

Materials: Light Hiker
Use: day hikes
Break-in Period: minimal
Weight: very light
Price Paid: less than $100

This is probably the best day hiking boot I have ever bought (and I've tried a lot of them over the years). Although it could just be that Salomon's last fits my feet well.

I confess that I actually got these on a super bargain through Sierra Trading Post ($29!!!). What a STEAL!

They are extremely comfortable, well-crafted, light-weight, supportive, and somewhat water-repellant. They are leather & nylon with a very sticky rubber sole and rand. The toe rand comes up pretty far and protects the spots on the boot that usually have fallen apart first on other boots I have owned. The fit is pretty wide in the toe box but snug in the heel. It is well-padded all around.

I have used them on 5 or 6 short day hikes in the White Mountains of New Hampshire with a light pack and they have felt great! Obviously, they would not be a great choice for extended trips or bad weather; but if they fit your feet as well as they do mine, and you use them within the limitations of their design, I bet you won't be disapointed!

Salomon Exit Mid

The Exit Mid has been discontinued.

The Salomon Exit Mid is not available from the stores we monitor.