Salomon Expert Mid

I recently purchased a pair of Salomon Expert Mids…

Materials: Nylon, nubuck and suede leather
Use: Work wear.
Break-in Period: None
Weight: 2 lb., 9 oz.
Price Paid: Sale $40, Reg. $90

I recently purchased a pair of Salomon Expert Mids on sale, and initially found them to be very comfortable and supportive for everyday wear at work. Having worn earlier Salomon light hiking models in the past and been quite satisfied with them, I assumed these would hold up reasonably well and at least give me several months of service.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case as the upper material has "blown out" after less than a couple months wear. Granted my line of work as an animal keeper might expose them to a bit more abuse than casual day hiking, but I expected better, especially from a "brand name." They were cheap, and I considered getting another pair while I could, but now I'm glad that I waited.

The Expert Mid hiking shoe, featuring Salomons Contagrip outsole that grips like the dickens, will keep you sure-footed and upright in moderate to rugged terrain.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Agility is yours with these midweight trail running shoes from Salomon. Supportive yet light, they cradle your feet in comfort. A layer between the midsole and the outsole cushions and absorbs shock, promotes stability. Suede, nubuck and synthetic uppers. Lightweight abrasion-resistant rubber lug soles. Padded collars. One-pull ghillie lacing. Height: 4" Weight: 2 lb. pr. CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the women's version

Salomon Expert Mid

The Expert Mid has been discontinued.

The Salomon Expert Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 21, 2007 at GearTrade.