I recently purchased a pair of Salomon Expert Mids…

Materials: Nylon, nubuck and suede leather
Use: Work wear.
Break-in Period: None
Weight: 2 lb., 9 oz.
Price Paid: Sale $40, Reg. $90

I recently purchased a pair of Salomon Expert Mids on sale, and initially found them to be very comfortable and supportive for everyday wear at work. Having worn earlier Salomon light hiking models in the past and been quite satisfied with them, I assumed these would hold up reasonably well and at least give me several months of service.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case as the upper material has "blown out" after less than a couple months wear. Granted my line of work as an animal keeper might expose them to a bit more abuse than casual day hiking, but I expected better, especially from a "brand name." They were cheap, and I considered getting another pair while I could, but now I'm glad that I waited.