Salomon Fellraiser

Raise a little fell with this newest entry from Salomon.

Price Paid: 110 CDN

Summary

Raise a little fell with this newest entry from Salomon. If you're a forefoot trail runner and you're looking for a responsive shoe to tackle the most technical trails with a whole lotta comfort, then look no further. Bomb down steep technical terrain with confidence in these shoes.

Pros

• Construction. Perfect heel drop for midfoot runners.
  • Traction. Great lug system allows you to tackle terrain with confidence
  • Comfort. Unlike most shoes from Salomon, these shoes are soft yet responsive.
  • Water resistance. Easy in. Easy out.
  • Lacing. What's not to love. Quicklace says it all. Load, lock, and go.

Cons

• Hard surface traction. A little slippery over wood.

Took the Fellraisers out for an inaugural 45 minute run. The terrain was a mix of grass and leaf covered ski hills and some muddy single track. It was raining while we were out so conditions were slick. But that didn't stop me or my Fellies.

My first impressions were how flippin' comfy these shoes were. While the run was short, I have a feeling my feet would still be smiling at the 2hr mark.

On the whole, the shoes handles well no matter what I threw at them. Tearing down slopes was a breeze, that's how confident I was with their grip. The lug system is phenomenal.

The only moment of pause was scampering over some tree downfall. These shoes are built for soft slippery terrain. So wasn't too surprised that they tended to loose traction on certain surfaces. I'd be curious to see how they handle damp or moss covered rock. I'd anticipate something similar.

So basically, I'm one happy trail runner. I'm a fusspot when it comes to trail shoes: they're either not comfortable at long distances, lack grip, laces don't stay tied, blah, blah. But there is little I could fault these shoes.

My Fellraisers will be my go-to trail and adventure running shoe. I've historically not been a fan of Salomon shoes, primarily due to the higher heel-to-toe drops and stiffer platforms. But with these? I'm a convert.

FromSagetoSnow

these look sweet. They might just be my next trail runners.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Salomon Men's Fellraiser Shoe FEATURES of the Salomon Men's Fellraiser Shoe Upper: Breathable Open Mesh Protective TPU Toe Cap Sensifit Quicklace Lace Pocket Tongue Cover Outsole: Low Profile Non Marking Contagrip Sockliner: EVA Shaped Footbed Molded EVA Ortholite Midsole: Injected EVA SPECIFICATIONS of the Salomon Men's Fellraiser Shoe Weight: 10.23 oz / 290 g Midsole Height: 12mm / 6mm

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Inspired by a proven winner, the S-LAB FELLCROSS 2, the FELLRAISER is a low, lightweight, and fast-drying trail shoe for training in muddy and wet conditions.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

Inspired by a proven winner the SLab FellCross 2 the Fellraiser is a low lightweight and fastdrying trail shoe for training in muddy and wet conditionsFeatures Breathable open mesh Tongue cover protects from mud and debris getting inside the shoe Protective TPU toe cap SensiFit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit Fell running last Nonmarking ContaGrip rubber Molded EVA provides excellent next to foot cushioning and anatomical support OrthoLite socklinerSpecsWeight 290g size 85Midsole Height 12mm6mm

- Bentgate.com refers to the men's version

Salomon developed the Men's Fellraiser Trail Running Shoe for the aggressive, everyday runner who prefers to rack up his mileage where winding singletrack meets massive mountains. A mixture of massive lugs and smaller studs give the outsole talon-like grip, the midsole provides the moderate cushioning and support needed for uneven terrain, and the last cradles your foot securely and comfortably. While Salomon makes lighter trail running shoes for racing and more cushioned shoes for comfort, the Fellraiser strikes the ideal balance of weight, stability, and traction. Short of conquering deep snow or rushing rivers, this shoe offers a feeling of confidence that will bring you back to the trail again and again from early spring through late fall.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version